Workshop: Defence in Depth - Securing your Data in Azure SQL Database - 1/2
With more data security regulations coming into force globally, are we ensuring that our end-to-end data security is up to scratch? Security can be applied to our databases at various levels - from the infrastructure through the transport to the actual data itself.
This workshop will focus on Azure SQL Database and the security that can be applied both in the service itself and at the database level to reduce your risk of exposure.
Module 1 will focus on the Azure Platform and how we can properly configure Azure SQL Database and the related Resources to ensure maximum security.
- Azure SQL Database
- Firewalls and Connectivity
- Advanced Data Security
- Azure Policies
- Role Based Access Controls
- Azure Subscription (with owner rights to apply RBAC permissions). Creating a Free Subscription to use for this is recommended.
- SQL Client tools - Azure Data Studio or SQL Server Management Studio.
- An IDE (e.g. VSCode) to develop PowerShell scripts and ARM Templates.
- Familiarity with deploying Azure services.
- Familiarity with ARM Templates.
- Writing PowerShell scripts.
- Writing T-SQL queries.