Workshop: Defence in Depth - Securing your Data in Azure SQL Database - 2/2
With more data security regulations coming into force globally, are we ensuring that our end-to-end data security is up to scratch? Security can be applied to our databases at various levels - from the infrastructure through the transport to the actual data itself.
This workshop will focus on Azure SQL Database and the security that can be applied both in the service itself and at the database level to reduce your risk of exposure.
Module 2 will focus on the Database development, operation and ongoing monitoring. A secure by design approach ensures that only properly authorised users have access to the database and only to the data that they are approved for. However, ongoing monitoring of this is also critical to identify where vulnerabilities exist.
- Azure SQL Database
- Advanced Data Security
- Data Classification
- Data Masking
- Database Permissions
- Azure Subscription (with owner rights to apply RBAC permissions). Creating a Free Subscription to use for this is recommended.
- SQL Client tools - Azure Data Studio or SQL Server Management Studio.
- An IDE (e.g. VSCode) to develop .NET application code.
- Familiarity with deploying Azure services.
- Writing PowerShell scripts.
- Writing T-SQL queries.
- Writing C# code.